The ESCRS iNovation Day will take place at the MiCo (Allianz MiCo) – Milano Convention Centre in Milan from 08h30 – 15h30 on Friday 16th September 2022
What to do in Milan
Milan, a metropolis in Italy’s northern Lombardy region, is a global capital of fashion and design. Home to the national stock exchange, it’s a financial hub also known for its high-end restaurants and shops. To view travel opportunities please visit Tour Milan.
More information on how to get there can be viewed here. For helpful information about the status of COVID restrictions in the EU & Schengen zone as well as a convenient way to understand requirements for travel within the EU / Schengen area and from some third countries, please visit Re-open EU.
MiCo (Allianz MiCo) – Milano Convention Centre Location Map
All EU/EEA nationals will only need to present an identification document to enter Italy due to the common travel area of the Schengen Zone, part of which Italy is.
If you are a non-EU/EEA traveller to Italy, you will need to present the following at the Italian port of entry to be permitted to enter:
- A valid passport or travel document (valid for at least 3 more months beyond the planned date of exit from Schengen and issued within the last 10 years)
- A visa/Schengen visa (if subject to the Italian visa regime)
A Schengen visa is a short-stay visa that allows a person to travel to any members of the Schengen Zone, per stays up to 90 days for tourism or business purposes.
The Schengen visa is the most common visa for Europe. It enables its holder to enter, freely travel within, and leave the Schengen Zone from any of the Schengen member countries. There are no border controls within the Schengen Zone. Travellers may enter the Schengen space from another member country other than Italy if needed.
ATM Milano Official App
ATM Milano is the only official app of Azienda Trasporti Milanesi S.p.A. and allows you to move around the city, buy tickets, and renew your passes. Learn more by clicking here.
The services available through ATM Milano Official App are:
- Near you: to find ATM stops, railway stations, parking, ATM points, parking meters, ticket resales and other places of interest such as airports, BikeMi stands and cycling lanes
- Journeys: to calculate routes with public transport
- Lines: to view the route, stops, schedule and waiting times for one or more lines
- Tickets: to buy, store and use all single, daily and carnet tickets for Mi1-Mi9 fares. In this section, you can also buy tickets via SMS without registration or by direct debit on your phone credit
- Passes: to store one or more electronic cards, receive notifications on expiry dates and to renew your pass in few steps
- Favourites: to save the stops, addresses and places of interest used more frequently and choose how to view them in the home page
- Search: to look for an address, a stop or a place
- Stops: to look for a stop by writing its name or reference number
- Metro: to check service updates and to view the map of the metro network
- ATM Point and Infopoint Area B/C: to book an appointment selecting the service, day and hour
- Radiobus di Quartiere: to book the service and to monitor the status of your bookings
- News: to read news regarding the service and other activities by ATM
- Information and Fare System: to learn about all services by ATM regarding tickets, passes, parking and much more