ESCRS was founded in 1991 to promote education and research in the field of implant and refractive surgery and to advance and promote the study and practice of ophthalmology.
ESCRS seeks to promote and support research in the field of intraocular lens implantation and refractive surgery and the dissemination of the useful results thereof. ESCRS has over 7,500 members from 130 countries worldwide.
The European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons evolved from the European Intraocular Implant Club which was established in 1981. The Society is administered by the ESCRS Board, a Board of Ophthalmologists elected by its members. The ESCRS staff based in London, UK, are responsible for the organisation of the Society’s day-to-day activities.
Become an ESCRS member and gain access to the following benefits:
- Reduced registration fees for ESCRS Annual Congress and Winter Meetings
- ESCRS iLearn (CME accredited interactive courses)
- ESCRS On Demand (online library of slides and presentations from ESCRS congress meetings dating back to Stockholm 2007)
- EUREQUO (registry of quality outcomes for cataract & refractive surgery)
- Subscription to the ESCRS Journal of Cataract & Refractive Surgery (print and/or online)
- Subscription to ESCRS EuroTimes
- Weekly eTimes bulletin
- Access to ESCRS grants, bursaries and research awards is available to members only
- Voting rights in ESCRS Board elections (European full members only)
- A membership pack including the official ESCRS membership certificate & card